Date Founded: 1950
Membership/Number of Clergy: 356,000/2,201 as of 2008
Headquarters: 901 East 78th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55420
Publications: EFCA Today
Core Beliefs: The EFCA Distinctives are:
1. The Evangelical Free Church of America is a believers’ church—membership consists of those who have a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
2. The Evangelical Free Church of America is evangelical—we are committed to the inerrancy and authority of the Bible and the essentials of the gospel.
3. The Evangelical Free Church of America embraces a humble orthodoxy in partnership with others of like faith.
4. The Evangelical Free Church of America believes in Christian freedom with responsibility and accountability.
5. The Evangelical Free Church of America believes in both the rational and relational, i.e. the head and the heart, dimensions of Christianity.
6. The Evangelical Free Church of America affirms the right of each local church to govern its own affairs with a spirit of interdependency with other churches.
For a full explanation of the EFCA Distinctives visit http://go.efca.org/resources/document/efca-distinctives.
Short History: Formed by the merger of two immigrant churches: the Norwegian-Danish and the Swedish Evangelical Free Church Associations.
Local Churches: The two churches in Louisville are: Faith Community Church, 7611 Rose Island Rd., Gingerwoods Event Hall, Prospect, Kentucky 40059-8902 and Grace EFC, 13060 Factory Ln., Louisville, Kentucky 40245-2004. Use the Church Locator to find other congregations.