Date Founded: 1936
Membership/Number of Clergy: 28,780/464 as of 2010.
Headquarters: The Orthodox Presbyterian Church, 607 N. Easton Rd., Bldg. E, Willow Grove, PA 19090-2539
Schools & Seminaries: No official seminary. Many clergy trained at Westminster Theological Seminary, Mid-America Reformed Seminary, and Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
Publications: New Horizons magazine. Since 1975 the Orthodox Presbyterian Church has jointly owned Great Commission Publications (GCP) with the Presbyterian Church in America.
See a fuller explanation at http://www.opc.org/beliefs.html
Short History: In 1936 a number of clergy withdrew from the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. over issues of doctrinal purity. You can read more about the issues at http://www.opc.org/cce/Lest_We_Forget-Kellogg.html. The Presbyterian Church in America and the Orthodox Presbyterian Church explored merger in 1987, but the OPC determined that the PCA was too lax in its interpretation of the Westminster Standards. At this point a number of OPC churches aligned with the PCA. The OPC is a member of the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council (NAPARC) and of the International Conference of Reformed Churches (ICRC).
Local Churches: The closest church to Louisville is Good Shepherd OPC, 11688 Mill Road, Cincinnati, OH 45240. There is a church finder at http://www.opc.org/locator.html.